Our Club Timeline
- 1949 - Club Founded by Charlie Mary Noble in response to adult interest in Junior Astronomy Club.
- 1955 - The Fort Worth Children's Museum (now the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History) dedicated and named their planetarium in honor of Charlie Mary Noble.
- 1977 - Incorporated as a Texas Non-Profit organization.
- 1988 - Janaury, first issue of the club newsletter Prime Focus is published.
- 2009 - FWAS' main dark sight moves from the Wise County location to the Montague County location through the Thompson Foundation.
- 2005 - June, FWAS Joined the NASA Night Sky Network.
- 2014 - FWAS is granted federal 501(c)3 status as a tax exempt non-profit organization.
- 2014 - May, Squaw Creek Astronomy Club donates their 19-inch research-grade equatorial truss reflector telescope (in need of repairs) as well as a 24-inch unmounted mirror, and an 8-inch equatorial newtonian telescope to FWAS.
- 2014 - FWAS member, Mike Jones and his wife, donated free and clear, 7.8 acres of remote land out in the Davis Mountains (West Texas) to FWAS for use as a dark sight.
- 2015 - Preston Starr, University of North Texas' Planetarium manager, donated free, unconditional lease to FWAS for exclusive use from now on, of his 35 acre land in Ranger, Tx for use as an alternate dark sight. This land had been used previously by the UNT astronomy department.